Author Topic: Nepali Movies till date  (Read 43407 times)

xyz

• 50x
Re: Nepali Movies till date
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 11:59:32 AM »

xyz

• 50x
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 12:00:42 PM »

nepali

• 50x
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 12:20:20 AM »

nepali

• 50x
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 12:24:02 AM »
Date: 10 October 96 To: The Nepal Digest
Subject: News from Nepal

Source: Explore Nepal (Saptahik Janmabhumi) Online --------------------------------------------------

Actress Models in semi-nude

Tulasa Silwal, a young Nepali heroin is now in news, not because she has performed anything special but because of her halfnude photograph appeared in a film magazine. Indian models Madhu Sapre and Milind Soman might have inspired her to pose in nude. The couple who posed naked to promote an Indian shoe, was in Kathmandu last month in connection with a fashion show. After the controversy created by the breast-feeding scene given by Nilu Rayamajhi in Amako Maya (Mother's Love) Tulasa created another controversity in the field of Nepali film industry. We are not sure whether Nepali society can digest such nude scenes or not, but no women's organization has yet made any protest against such nude pictures appeared in the magazine. I can expose my whole body except two most sensetive private parts, says Tulasa, "I would have posed in complete nude if I were in the Hollywood." The sexy girl who is said to have gone through trauma of rape during her childhood says 'You can hardly find any virgin girl in the present time." I cam pose in complete nude if I get benefit from that, she ventures to say. She wants to maintain her different identity in the acting world by posing naked.

xyz

• 50x
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 10:24:51 AM »
Evolution of Nepali Music Video

Nepali music videos play a vital role in a channel's programming and popularity. The music video industry started small but has gone through a dramatic digital revolution over the last three years. WAVE talks to some of the best in the music video scene.

"The first Nepali music video was the first video film song," says Mr. Bhushan Dahal, an industry pioneer. "With the advent of Nepal television, Nepali music videos came into existence. The first music videos were simple and created with little effort. The director would shoot singers and musicians performing in a studio," he adds.

Sahaj Man Shrestha, another pioneer amongst music video directors, introduced the use of models in music videos. With Roshan Pratap Rana's innovation, music videos took a different turn; documentary bits were included, and camera frames moved from the television studios to the colossal sky. Deepak Kharel, Kiran Pradhan, Dwarika Lal Shrestha, Taradevi and other famous singers began making music videos.

"I began my music video direction with Sur Sudha." quotes Mr. Dahal. With Nima Rumba's Miss Catwalk, he exposed a new approach. "Nima requested me to direct his music video. We started after a few days. I hardly knew what I was doing. We shot the entire video in twenty minutes." With music videos of popular artists like Cobweb, Bidhan Shrestha and Sanjeeb Pradhan making regular rounds on TV, the music video industry was well on its way.

Fast forward to the new millennium, Simosh Sunuwar and Nexus changed the face of Nepali music videos; their use of graphics with 1974 A.D's Baacha Ra Baachna Deu is a milestone in the industry, paving the way for the digital age in music videos here. Till date, Simosh Sunuwar continues to receive praise for his videos, like Astha's Harpal, Nabin Bhttarai's Chaina Joon, and Kamal Man Singh's Sakdina Ma. Alok Nembang is another big name in the music video world today. His video for Anil Singh's Dooba Deu has not just won praises but awards too.

Music videos are now being produced regularly. Whether it is Bhushan Dahal's direction or Nepathya's Sa Karnali, Alok Nembang's Ke Ma Timro Sathi Banna Sakchu for Deepesh K. Bhattarai, or Anil Tandukar's Komal Tyo Timro Badan Aa, each music video is distinctive. "A music video director must know and feel the essence of the music. It is a challenging task to translate a song's soul into pictures," Mr. Dahal said.

"The evolution of [music] videos is a remarkable development in Nepali music. You can compare our videos with international ones. I am sure that the Nepali music videos will prosper in the future," remarks Nima Rumba. Mr. Dahal believes that the Nepali music video scenario is still growing, and on a global scale. The growth of private sector media has made music videos commercially viable.

But everything has its pros and cons. The popularity of music videos is making emerging music artists spend huge amounts of money to produce high-quality music videos; this makes it difficult for talented, but financially challenged artists to reach listeners.

"Music videos have responsibilities. They should inspire people, and yes, nepalipan is essential," Simosh Sunuwar asserts.

Wave Magazine

kurakani

• 50x
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 06:34:14 AM »

kurakani

• 50x
Rana PM didn't like movies -- 1940s news
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 07:37:24 AM »

tundikhel

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 05:33:38 AM »

tundikhel

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 09:32:36 PM »
वयस्कका लागि मात्र 'पलपलमा'

सुटिङकै बेला 'हट सिन' का कारण चर्चामा आएको फिल्म 'पलपलमा'लाई सेन्सर बोर्डले 'एडल्ट' सर्टिफिकेट दिएको छ। सोमबार सेन्सर गरिएको यो फिल्मलाई कथावस्तुका कारण एडल्ट फिल्मको सर्टिफिकेट दिइएको बताइएको छ।
सेन्सरले 'वयस्कका लागि मात्र' भन्ने सर्टिफिकेट दिएपछि यो फिल्म १६ वर्षभन्दा मुनिका दर्शकले हेर्न पाउने छैनन् । "चलचित्र विकास बोर्ड र सेन्सर बोर्डले यसको अनुगमन गर्नेछ" सेन्सर सदस्य सुचित्रा श्रेष्ठले भनिन् ।

रमित ढुंगाना र सुजाता सिटौलाका केही दृश्य पहिले नै चर्चामा आएका भए पनि सेन्सरले कुनै पनि दृश्य काटेको छैन ।

उकेश दाहालले निर्देशन गरेको यो फिल्ममा दिलिप रायमाझी रमित ढुंगाना सुजाता सिटौला र रुपा रानाले अभिनय गरेका छन् । फिल्म पुरुष यौनकर्मीको विषयमा भएको बताइएको छ।
यसअगाडि पनि 'फैसला' सहित केही नेपाली फिल्म वयस्कका लागि मात्र भनिए पनि जनचेतना र अनुगमन गर्ने निकाय प्रभावकारी नहुँदा किशोर किशोरीहरुले पनि फिल्म हेरेका थिए।

tundikhel

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 12:34:10 PM »